Entry and Visa information

Tourist Visa Rules in Nepal (Effective from 16 July 2008) 

Tourist Visa Rules in Nepal (Effective from 16 July 2008) Tourists who visit Nepal must hold valid passport and visa. A. Entry Tourist entry visa can be obtained for the following duration from Nepal Embassy/ Consulate or Mission offices abroad, or at the following immigration offices in Nepal:

1. Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
2. Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
3. Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
4. Kodari, Sindhupalchowk (Northern Border)
5. Belhiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
6. Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
7. Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
8. Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal) 

B. Tourist Visa

1. Multiple entry 15 days US$ 25 or equivalent convertible currency
2. Multiple entry 30 days US$ 40 or equivalent convertible currency
3. Multiple entry 90 days US$ 100 or equivalent convertible currency 

C. Tourist Visa Extension

1. Visa extension fee for 15 days or less is US $ 30 or equivalent convertible currency and visa extension fee for more than 15 days is US$ 2 per day
2. Tourist visa can be extended for a maximum period of 150 days in a single visa year (January – December). 

D. Gratis (Free) Visa

1. Gratis visa for 30 days available only for tourists of SAARC countries.
2. Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal. E. Transit VisaTransit visa for one day can be obtained from Nepal's immigration offices at the entry points upon the production of departure flight ticket via Tribhuvan International Airport in Nepal, by paying US $ 5 or equivalent convertible currency. (For further information, please, contact Department of Immigration, Maitighar, Impact Building, Kathmandu, Tel:            00977-1-4221996       / 4223590 / 4222453 , web site: www.immi.gov.np

Trekking Permit / Fee:A)

To visit normal trekking areas such as Annapurna, Langtand and Everest Region, no permission is required but you must buy the conservation entry permit and TIMS (Trekking Registration Permit) is must. 

Trekking Permit / Fee:B)

Restricted areas which have been opened for Group Trekking. The restricted areas are open only for group trekkers. And a trekking permit will not be issued to individual trekkers for such areas. In order to require your special permit it is required to join with agency. And needs to be taken package trips as per your required itinerary.

Kailash Yatra 2013 Departure